12 November 2011

Party Part 2

I was all prepared to be sad on my birthday this year.  I know that's dumb.  I'm just so used to my sweet friends and family loving me for my whole birthday week, and I knew I wasn't going to get that.  Boy, am I glad I was wrong!  
We didn't get seated by the fireplace at Jamie's, but this was a great spot too.  I love the frames!


After dinner we went to G&D's, the ONLY ice cream/coffee shop in Oxford opened past 5 p.m.


The kids couldn't wait to get home to open the box that several people from Northside sent us.  Believe it or not, this picture was actually not staged!

Jeff and the kids bought me a scarf (a must have here) and the best slippers ever to keep my already cold feet from just freezing right off in this cold country

I am a girl that loves getting (and giving) cards.  I never thought I'd get a card that said Happy Birthday Mum, but this year I did.  I also got a card from a neighbor that just made my day and a handmade one from a new friend that made me smile because it had a picture on the front of a super cool cake she intended to make me and on the inside was a picture of what it actually turned out to look like... two very different pictures. What's more is that she pitched the cake, made a speedy Amazon order and bought me the greatest book.  After I opened it she said, "please tell me that you don't already have that book."  I had to confess that I do own it and in fact, it's the only devotional book I brought with me because I love it so much :-)
My birthday was a big hit this year... almost as big of a hit as the kids celebrating at 11:11 on 11/11/11


4 comments:

  1. Testing testing 1 2 3 :). Let's see if I can post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay now anyone can post by choosing either "name or anonymous".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jodie. I noticed that you posted this at 11:12. You were just a minute late!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I noticed that too after I posted it. Hey Codi~ will you try the email thing now too? I just want to know how it works. Then, if you don't want it- just unsubscribe :-)

    ReplyDelete