09 November 2011

It's my party

...and I'll cry if I want to.  Actually, I'm not really crying...that song was just in my head.  

Today is my birthday.  Lemon pound cake is our family's favorite for birthday cakes.  Kids at birthday parties don't really understand why we like lemon cake, so I usually end up making a chocolate one too.  But lemon cake is all I need.  Boxed cake mixes aren't really a hot item here (haven't seen a single one).  And if you know me... if I'm making a cake, it's definitely coming from a box!  Jeff's mom was so thoughtful and sent us a Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake and the Jell-O brand lemon pudding to turn it into a pound cake.  Woo-hoo!

AND...Two days ago, I received a package in the mail.  A few friends of mine got together (thinking way ahead) and had called a company in the UK and ordered  a whole slew of Christmas decorations and trimmings for MY BIRTHDAY!!  What a fun surprise to get!  I did cry a couple happy tears and Max said, "don't worry, they even sent you some Christmas kleenexes."  (It turns out that they had ordered Christmas "napkins".  Apparently napkins are kleenexes here.)  Either way, they'll get used.


Max asked me this morning to PLEASE let him come home from school by himself, and thinking I knew what he was thinking, I agreed.  Max loves to make things special for people.  My hunch is that he pocketed a few coins and is planning to go to Londis, a little shop across the street from his school, to buy me some 'sweets' as everyone calls them here.  I love that little guy.

Tonight when all the people I live with get home from school we'll catch a bus into the city to go to one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants.... Jamie's Italian.  I can't wait!

So, no tears here.  Just thankful to have a family and friends who love me!  

Oh, and as a side note- We are accidentally following our own blog.  I was trying to show my mom how to become an "Enthusiast" over the phone and accidentally hit a wrong button.  Now I can't seem to figure out how to unsubscribe.  So how about you all just join the blog and then it won't be so obvious that the Blackburns are following their own blog!? 



1 comment:

  1. oh geez, i can't i found your blog right before your birthday, and then still missed it.

    glad your birthday was so fun and that you only cried happy tears!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete